Missionary Cooperative Plan (MCP)
The Missionary Cooperative Plan (MCP) is an archdiocesan cooperative program that plays a vital role in sharing with the faithful of the Archdiocese of Washington about the worldwide evangelistic mission of the Church and how they can support the missions. This year sixteen missions were selected and will make appeals in 53 parishes of the Archdiocese.
These resources are available to help missionaries raise funds for their needs.
Agencies for Development Assistance by Pierre Aubin, George Cotter and Beverly A. Hennigan provides detailed information on hundreds of domestic and international agencies that provide financial aid to missions projects.
The Catholic Funding Guide is a directory of resources for funding Catholic ministries.
Mission Project Service is a capacity-building organization that provides developing-world missionaries with tools to seek and secure funding for their projects.
List your mission project on Missio, where others can donate to meet specific needs.
Mission in Action
This year, sixteen missionaries have been selected to participate in the Missionary Cooperative Plan for the Archdiocese of Washington. Please keep them in your prayers as they make appeals in the parishes of the archdiocese.
1. The Roman Catholic Prelate of Isabela Basilan, Philippines
2. Diocese of Moroto, Uganda
3. Diocese of Tombura-Yambio, South Sudan
4. Daughters of Divine Love
5. Syro-Malankara Archdiocese of Trivandrum, South India
6. Diocese of Tezpur, North India
7. Diocese of Mannar, Sri Lanka
8. Archdiocese of Piura, Peru
9. Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara
10. Archdiocese of Tabora, Tanzania
11. Institute of the Incarnate Word
12. Diocese of Marthandum, South India
13. Diocese of Sorsogan, Philippines
14. Archdiocese of Tororo, Uganda
15. Diocese of Konongo-Mampong, Ghana
16. Dominican Friars, Province of Nigeria