Apply for Faculties
For All Applicants
To apply for faculties in the Archdiocese of Washington, complete the following and mail to the address below:
- Have your (Arch)diocese, Congregation or Province complete the Request for Faculties form (English | Spanish), and write a Letter of Suitability addressed to: Very Reverend Anthony E. Lickteig.
- Review our Child Protection and Safe Environment booklet (English | Spanish). Print out and sign the acknowledgement forms on pages 56 (Appendix E) and 70 (Appendix F).
- Fill out the Extern Priest Application (English | Spanish). (This application may also be used by Transitional Deacons.)
Mrs. Corinne Jessup
Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Clergy
Archdiocese of Washington
Post Office Box 29260
Washington, D.C. 20017-0260
Residing in Rectory, Serving in Parish and/or Regular Contact with Children or Vulnerable Adults
If you will be residing in a rectory, serving regularly at a parish and/or having regular contact with children and/or vulnerable adults, you will also need to:
- Establish or transfer your VIRTUS account, completing Child Protection Training and fingerprinting as needed. Please see our Child Protection Training page for additional information.
- Contact Mrs. Corinne Jessup or our Child Protection Services office at 301-853-5328 to confirm active VIRTUS status.