Since the publication of Cardinal Wuerl’s pastoral letter “Disciples of the Lord: Sharing the Vision,” in August 2010, the entire work of the Archdiocese of Washington has been viewed through the lens of the New Evangelization. This initiative has resulted in new programs, resources, goals and structures – all of which are bearing fruit in and through our parishes and schools.
The faith is being taught to young people using a new standards-based curriculum, programs such as The Light is On For You and Find the Perfect Gift engage thousands, a new seminary has been opened, and the archdiocese regularly evangelizes and catechizes through YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, blogs and other media.
In addition, excellent catechetical resources have been created and are in use. Join with us as we spread the good news of Jesus Christ together in response to the call of the New Evangelization.
New Evangelization Resources:
- Disciples of the Lord: Sharing the Vision Pastoral Letter on Evangelization by Cardinal Wuerl
- The Light is On for You / La Luz está Encendida para Ti
- Find the Perfect Gift / Regalo Perfecto
- Website for Vocations and Saint John Paul II Seminary
- General video resources on YouTube
- Archdiocese of Washington Facebook page
- Archdiocese of Washington on Twitter @WashArchdiocese
Resources for Sacramental Catechesis:
- The Mass: The Glory, The Mystery, The Tradition by Cardinal Wuerl, 2011
- The Sacraments, A Continuing Encounter with Christ by Cardinal Wuerl, 2010 (multiple languages)
General Catechetical Resources:
- The Church, Our Spiritual Home Pastoral Letter by Cardinal Wuerl, 2012
- Catholic Education: Looking to the Future with Confidence, Pastoral Letter on Catholic education by Cardinal Wuerl, 2008
- The Gift of Blessed John Paul II by Cardinal Wuerl
- Forming Disciples for the New Evangelization: Archdiocesan Religion Curriculum Guide
- Formando Discipulos para la Nueva Evangelizacion Includes Curriculum
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- General Directory for Catechesis
- National Directory for Catechesis
- Publications from the USCCB