Natural Family Planning
Have you ever considered learning about Natural Family Planning?
Natural Family Planning is a morally sound and highly effective method for couples to manage their fertility in a way that respects God and each other. Instead of wrestling with their fertility or working against it; couples are trained to understand, and then cooperate with, their naturally occurring fertility signals in order to make informed and prayerful decisions regarding the growth of their family.
Natural Family Planning is a modern, scientifically proven method which seeks to identify the naturally occurring changes a woman’s body goes through during the window of fertility in each cycle. Based upon their observations, couples are empowered to act accordingly, to either seek pregnancy or avoid it for the time being.
Couples who incorporate NFP into their lives experience many benefits not limited to the following:
- Better communication between spouses
- Increased respect for each other
- Peace of mind, heart and body
- Increased awe and wonder at the potential of fertility
- A deeper appreciation for children
Some of the other benefits of Natural Family Planning are:
- It is extremely effective.
- It is green. It is all natural, completely safe and there are no harmful side effects.
- It is morally sound and completely consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- It is virtually free and very easy to learn and practice.
- It is useful throughout a woman’s reproductive years including breastfeeding, peri-menopause, post-partum.
- It is custom tailored to each individual woman’s cycle, regular or irregular.
- Couple to Couple League
- Billings Ovulation Method
- Family of the Americas Ovulation Method
- Creighton Model Fertility Care System
- Marquette Method
Celebrate NFP Awareness Week!
Start planning your celebration of NFP Awareness Week today! Each year the Archdiocesan Office for Family Life joins with the bishops in highlighting the benefits of NFP.
In 2021, Natural Family Planning Awareness Week takes place July 25 – 31. The celebration highlights the July 25 anniversary of the papal encyclical Humanae vitae, which articulates Catholic beliefs about human sexuality, marriage, conjugal love and responsible parenthood. “To have, to hold, to honor” is the theme of this year’s Natural Family Planning Awareness Week, a national educational campaign of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops celebrating God’s vision for marriage and promoting the methods of Natural Family Planning.
Click here for additional resources and to learn more!