Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl
CRS Rice Bowl is Catholic Relief Services’ Lenten program for families and faith communities in the United States who want to bring Lent to life. Are you ready to encounter Lent this year in your parish, school, or family?
Through CRS Rice Bowl, faith communities in dioceses throughout the United States put their faith into action through prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. Donations made through CRS Rice Bowl support the work of CRS in more than 100 countries. 75% of your donations will go to help CRS in its work around the world while 25% will stay in our archdiocese, supporting global solidarity advocacy initiatives. CRS Rice Bowl is so much more than a simple tool for almsgiving — it is a way to connect with the worldwide Church. Visit the CRS Rice Bowl website to learn more.
Rice Bowl Resources
Pastor and Parish Resources
- Bulletin announcement templates, liturgical resources, and helpful planning tools
- Share this family resource page so parish families can practice prayer, fasting and almsgiving at home.
- Please place your order for CRS Rice Bowl materials for the 2024 Lenten season by December 1, 2023 to receive your order by Ash Wednesday. You may also place an order by calling 1-800-222-0025. Materials are available in both English and Spanish.
Activities and Engagement
- This year, CRS is focusing on telling “stories of hope” from three of the countries that donations will go to: El Salvador, Indonesia, and Uganda.
- To find engaging activities related to featured stories that enhance the Rice Bowl experience, click here.
- Gather as a family for Friday dinners during Lent! Enjoy these popular meatless recipes from around the world.
- Rice Bowl Promotional Advertisement (English)
- Rice Bowl Promotional Advertisement (Spanish)
- Activity Calendar (English)
- Activity Calendar (Spanish)
- Recursos en español
Rice Bowl Collection
Send all monetary offerings collected at the end of Lent for Rice Bowl to the Office of Missions. There are three ways for you, your parish, school, or other ministry to submit these tithes and offerings:
- Mail your tithe:
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington
Office of Missions
PO Box 223394
Chantilly, VA 20153-3394
*Note that “CRS Rice Bowl” must be written on the memo line of checks.
- Submit your tithe directly to CRS over the phone: 1-877-435-7277. If you choose this method, please be sure to note that the donation is coming from (parish, school, or other ministry endeavor) the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.
- Submit tithes online via the website. If you choose this method, please be sure to note that the donation is coming from (parish, school, or other ministry endeavor) the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.