Welcome to The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington resources page for those whose lives are affected by pornography. This page is an initiative of the Archdiocesan anti-pornography task force. Here you’ll find links to resources for men and women to find healing and for families to educate themselves on the harms of pornography so that they are better able to protect their children.
Use of pornography presents both spiritual as well as psychological dangers. If you or a loved one are seeking help to resist the temptations and use of pornography, please talk to your pastor for guidance on this matter. As always, please seek the graces of absolution offered by our Lord in the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Internet filtering tools can help you filter your internet content and provide more information on ways to keep your family safe online.
- Self-help groups offer 12 step programs and men’s and women’s groups to support you or a loved one in recovery.
- Advocacy groups work towards anti-pornography awareness and its effects.
- These websites offer information and resources to help you in your understanding of the effects of pornography.
- These articles and other assorted resources offer information to help you further understand the effects of pornography.
Disclaimer: Please note that the websites, groups, and authors above are not affiliated with The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington. We provide this information solely for your information. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse, their policies, the views they express, the products and services they offer, or the content of their materials or websites. To the best of our knowledge, the information listed here is appropriate, faithful to Catholic Church teaching and accurate at time of posting. Agencies, nonprofits and other institutions can and do change their mission and websites. Please consider this as you review these resources. The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington makes no representations concerning the quality of medical care or level of professional skills of any specific counselor or healthcare provider that may be mentioned in these resources. Each person is encouraged to make his/her own investigation prior to consulting for treatment. Any decision to use a professional from these resources is the sole responsibility of the user.
If you should notice anything offensive to Catholic teaching in the above resources, please contact the Office of Family Life.