Welcome to the Archdiocese of Washington resources page for those whose lives are affected by pornography. This page is an initiative of the Archdiocesan Anti-Pornography task force. Here you’ll find links to resources for men and women to find healing and for families to educate themselves on the harms of pornography so that they are better able to protect their children.
Use of pornography presents both spiritual as well as psychological dangers. If you or a loved one are seeking help to resist the temptations and use of pornography, please seek the counsel of a priest and inquire of him where you can find professional assistance from a clinician. Those resources may be found by him on the ‘clergy only’ portion of the Archdiocese of Washington web site, or you may call the Office for Evangelization and Family Life and ask for a referral. As always, please seek the graces of absolution offered by our Lord in the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Internet Filtering Tools offer websites that will help you filter your internet as well as websites for how to keep your family safe on-line.
- The Self-Help Groups offer 12 step groups and men’s and women’s groups to support you or a loved one in recovery.
- The Advocacy Groups offer websites to groups who work towards anti-pornography awareness and its effects.
- The Websites link offers a wide variety of websites that give you information or resources to help you in your understanding of the effects of pornography.
- The Articles website offers articles to read to help you understand the effects of pornography
- The Books link has many books about chastity, purity, sexuality and addictions.
- The CDs and DVDs link offers resources for anti-pornography and internet safety.
Disclaimer: Please note that the websites, groups, and authors above are not affiliated with the Archdiocese of Washington. We provide this information solely for your information. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse, their policies, the views they express, the products and services they offer, or the content of their materials or websites. To the best of our knowledge, the information listed here is appropriate, faithful to Catholic Church teaching and accurate at time of posting. Agencies, nonprofits and other institutions can and do change their mission and their websites. Please consider this as you review these resources. The Archdiocese of Washington makes no representations concerning the quality of medical care or level of professional skills of any specific counselor or healthcare provider that may be mentioned in these resources. Each person is encouraged to make his/her own investigation prior to consulting for treatment. Any decision to use a professional from these resources is the sole responsibility of the user.
If you should notice anything offensive to Catholic teaching in the above resources, please contact Carla Ferrando-Bowling in the Office of Family Life.