Office of Social Concerns
The Office of Social Concerns supports programs and activities of the Archdiocese of Washington that promote an understanding of Catholic Social Teaching, foster the social mission of the Church and work for the common good. The work of the office includes the Office of Missions, which promotes the missionary spirit in the hearts and minds of the People of God.
Contact us for…
- Formation opportunities on the seven themes of Catholic Social Teaching.
- Information about the ADW’s Laudato Si’ Action Plan.
- Resources for promoting charitable work at your parish including food banks, sheltering the homeless, etc.
- Information about promoting social justice advocacy opportunities through the Maryland Catholic Conference, DC Catholic Conference, parish Justice and Advocacy Teams, CCHD grantees, CRS Ricebowl, etc.
- Support in working with parishes to provide formation and mission building opportunities including mission appeal weekends.
- Schedule a school/parish visit to present to students about vocation and call to mission.
- Resources for mission catechesis for students and documents about the Catholic Church on Mission.
- Sending Mission Appeal request and inquiring about the Mission Appeal application process.