Coronavirus Resources and Information
Latest Archdiocesan Updates
Public Masses may resume starting June 9 in the Archdiocese of Washington following the restrictions on the size of public gatherings in each individual jurisdiction.
The dispensation issued by Archbishop Gregory from the obligation to attend Mass during this time remains in effect. All persons who are subjects of the Archbishop of Washington no matter where they may be, and all other persons who are actually present in the Archdiocese of Washington who are under the obligation, are dispensed from the obligation until further notice (cann. 87 §1, 91).
Visit the Media Portal to view the latest statements regarding the coronavirus released by the Archdiocese of Washington.
Catholic Standard will also continue to provide information in the coming days.
Messages from Archbishop Gregory
“These past months of social distancing have been quite a challenge for each of us individually and as a faith community, while we prayed for the day we could be together again soon. I am overjoyed to share with you that the day is here. I personally welcome you back to your parishes as we officially open for the public celebration of Mass. Please check with your local parish and pastor about Mass times and other details. We have also instituted best practices and procedures for our parishes, so that you can be confident that we can gather together safely.”
Worship and Prayer Resources
The following resources have been developed to help parishes and individuals continue to provide and to participate in pastoral ministry, prayer and outreach. These resources were created at various times throughout the past month. Since civil guidelines and restrictions are developing, always follow the most recent guidance on social and physical distancing.
- Guide to celebrating Mass online: English | Spanish
- How to hold a prayer service at home: English | English B&W version| Spanish | French
- How to host a small group online: English | Spanish
- Guide for parishes to make phone calls to parishioners: English | Spanish
- The Church on Call: Accompanying Parishioners through Phone Calls during Times of Separation (co-produced with the Catholic Apostolate Center): Webinar
- Top ten tips for pastoral ministry during COVID-19: English
- Guide to dispensation and prayer when unable to attend Mass: English | Spanish
- Parish guide to virtual prayer ministry (from the Diocese of Green Bay)