- The priest gives a blessing or greeting.
- Make the Sign of the Cross and say,
“Bless me father, for I have sinned.
My last confession was…” (give weeks, months, or years).
- Confess all your sins to the priest.
(If you are unsure or uneasy, tell him and ask for help.)
- Say, “I am sorry for these and all my sins.”
- The priest gives a penance and offers advice to help you become a better Catholic Christian.
- Say an Act of Contrition, expressing your sorrow for your sins.
- The priest, acting in the person of Christ, then absolves you from your sins.
Act of Contrition