World Youth Day
The next international World Youth Day will be held January 22-27, 2019 in Panama.
Youth and young adults ages 16 to 35 from around the world will gather for a week of engaging prayer, vibrant liturgy, powerful catechesis with Bishops from around the world, concerts from Catholic artists, and an unforgettable Vigil and Mass with the Holy Father.
Join us for Panamá in the Capital, a one-day Catholic festival on January 26, 2019 celebrating World Youth Day Panamá in our nation’s Capital with thousands of young adults! For more information visit the link below!
Join us for the Archdiocese of Washington World Youth Day Pilgrimage to Panama
January 20-28th, 2019
- Roundtrip airfare from Washington Dulles and ground transfers in Panama
- 7 nights’ hotel accommodation in Panama City
- WYD registration, journal, and swag
- Panorama tour of Panama City
- Day in the Rainforest
- Meals: breakfast daily, welcome dinner, farewell dinner, and meals during WYD
- Preparation meetings and retreat
- Sunday, January 20 – Travel day, City Tour & Visit to the Panama Canal
- Monday, January 21 – Gamboa Rainforest Event
- Tuesday, January 22 – Opening Mass
- Wednesday, January 23 – Morning catechesis
- Thursday, January 24 – Morning catechesis, welcome ceremony with Holy Father
- Friday, January 25 – Morning catechesis, Stations of the Cross with the Holy Father
- Saturday, January 26 – Pilgrimage walk to Vigil site, prayer service with Holy Father
- Sunday, January 27 – Closing mass with Holy Father, walk back to the hotel
- Monday, January 28 – Travel home
Reservations and Payments
- Total pilgrimage cost is $3,100.
- A non-refundable deposit of $450 is required to reserve your spot.
- Payments of $500 will be due:
1. February 15, 2018
2. May 15, 2018
3. August 15, 2018
4. October 15, 2018 (final payment of $1,150)
- Teens aged 16 or 17 at the time of the trip are welcome to join us.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or parish group with designated chaperone who is compliant with Archdiocese of Washington Child Protection policies.
- Parent or chaperone will be responsible for under 18 pilgrims at all times.
- Initial deposit of $450 is non-refundable
- An additional cancellation fee of $400 will apply from February 16 – June 30, 2018
- After June 30, 2018, all payments are non-refundable
- Valid U.S. passport is required for travel to Panama
- Passport must not expire within 6 months of return from Panama
For more information or to register, please contact:
Email: [email protected]