Seven Priests Receive Papal Honors
May 15, 2006
Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, Archbishop of Washington, announced this week that Pope Benedict XVI has bestowed papal honors upon seven priests of the Archdiocese of Washington.
The priests, who were named Chaplains to His Holiness, will now have the title of Monsignor. The honors will be formally conferred during a liturgy held later this year. The date has not yet been set.
Five are pastors; one is the director of priest vocations for the Archdiocese of Washington. The men are:
• Monsignor Charles Antonicelli, pastor of St. Joseph on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
• Monsignor Francis Kazista, pastor of St. John the Baptist, Silver Spring
• Monsignor Oliver McGready, pastor of Shrine of St. Jude, Rockville
• Monsignor Maurice O’Connell, pastor of St. Michael, Ridge
• Monsignor Robert Panke, director of priest vocations, Archdiocese of Washington
• Monsignor Charles Pope, pastor of St. Thomas More, (SE) Washington, DC
• Monsignor James Watkins, pastor of Immaculate Conception, (NW) Washington, DC
Director of Communications