March 19 Tuition Aid Application Deadline Set for Families New to Catholic Elementary Schools
January 24, 2003
The Archdiocese of Washington’s Tuition Assistance Program has a March 19, 2003 application deadline this year for families new to Catholic elementary schools in the Archdiocese. The December 11, 2002 deadline to apply for tuition assistance has passed for families continuing in Catholic schools or new to Catholic high schools.
Families new to Catholic elementary schools for the 2003-2004 school year who are seeking tuition assistance must complete a Tuition Assistance Program application and return it to the principal’s office at the school to which they are applying by March 19. The school will mail the completed application to the Catholic Schools Office at the Archdiocese of Washington.
Tuition Assistance Program applications are available in English or Spanish at www.adw.org or any Catholic school in the Archdiocese in suburban and southern Maryland, the District of Columbia and the Center City Consortium. Only one application is to be completed per family. The Tuition Assistance Program is open only to residents of Washington, D.C. and the five Maryland counties located in the Archdiocese of Washington (Montgomery, Prince George’s, Charles, Calvert and St. Mary’s Counties).
The following steps must be completed before the application is submitted:
1) Answer each question on the application completely.
2) Obtain all signatures required in Section F.
3) Include a signed copy of your 2001 federal tax return and/or other financial documentation (see application for details).
4) Include a check or money order for $16.00 payable to the Archdiocese of Washington. NOTE: If the bank for any reason returns your check, you will be assessed a fee of $15.00. The fee must be received by March 19 or the application will not be processed.
5) Keep a photocopy of the entire application for your records.
Families will be notified in early April whether they will receive assistance and how much that assistance will be.
If you have any questions regarding the Tuition Assistance Program, please contact Lucy Fuentes, Tuition Assistance Coordinator, 301-853-5356 or [email protected]
Office of Communications