Parish Evangelization Grants
“Parishes… are called to be centers of the New Evangelization…that impels all of us to discover fresh resources, to open original avenues, and to summon new strength to advance the Good News of the Lord.”
~ Cardinal Donald Wuerl, New Evangelization: Passing on the Catholic Faith Today
The Archdiocese of Washington Parish Evangelization Grants support parishes in implementing the new evangelization through creative, invitational, and fruitful evangelization efforts. Parish grant projects and initiatives also provide examples of best practices that will be shared across the Archdiocese of Washington.
Please review all the information on this page before filling out the grant application below.
Requirements and Program Information
ADW Parish Evangelization Grants must meet the following requirements:
- The project must have the approval of the pastor.
- Application must be submitted by deadline: December 15,2018
- Parish grant teams will provide ongoing project updates and highlights to the Coordinator of Parish Evangelization.
- Parish grant teams are asked to attend the Archdiocese of Washington Pastoral Ministries and Social Concerns conference or another formation opportunity.
- Parish grant teams will create an after action report to share creative best practices with other parishes (A summary of how your project impacted its intended audience, the participants, and the parish.)
- Projects must be a part of broader parish evangelization planning/goals.
- Parishes may apply for one evangelization grant per parish up to $2000.
- Approved grant funds will be paid in full to the parish on approval of the application.
- Organizations affiliated with parishes may apply through their parish.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funding is available.
Contact Anthony Esser, Coordinator of Parish Evangelization, with any questions or to be connected to other Archdiocesan resources to accomplish the project.
The Coordinator of Parish Evangelization is available to assist with: brainstorming, developing a timeline, team leadership development, and ongoing ideas and support.