Official Contest Terms and Conditions: YouServe Papal Visit Video Contest
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. IF THE CONTEST RULES VIOLATE ANY STATE, LOCAL AND/OR MUNICIPAL LAWS GOVERNING PROMOTIONS, CONTESTS, AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES, THEN PARTICIPANTS IN THAT STATE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. ENTRANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE WHEN THEY SUBMIT A VIDEO AT WWW.ADW.ORG/YOUSERVE.
- Eligibility. The YouServe Papal Visit Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all legal United States residents 18 years of age and older. Individuals under 18 years of age and groups that include individuals under 18 years of age are invited to participate but their entries must be submitted by someone 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Archdiocese of Washington’s Central Pastoral Administration are not eligible; however, all other Archdiocese of Washington employees are eligible. Participants who are residents in a state where the Contest rules violate state, local, and/or municipal laws will not be eligible to participate.
- The Contest begins on July 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM EDT and ends at 12:00 PM EDT on September 1, 2015.
- Method of Entry. Those who wish to participate in the Contest should submit original audiovisual works (“Entries,” each individually an “Entry”) to the Archdiocese of Washington. Entries must be submitted via the Archdiocese of Washington’s website at www.adw.org/youserve to be found eligible.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person or group. For Entries submitted on behalf of groups or on behalf of individuals under 18 years of age, the person whose email is provided on the entry form shall be treated as the official entrant for all purposes related to the Contest, including receipt of any prizes awarded to the Entry. The Archdiocese shall not be bound by or responsible for any agreements made between official entrants and any person or persons on whose behalf the official entrant submitted the Entry. In the event that multiple Entries appear to have been submitted by or on behalf of the same individual(s), whether alone or part of a group, the Archdiocese may in its sole discretion disqualify one or all such Entries.
- All eligible entrants will have an equal chance to win the prize.
- Permissions. Each entrant must obtain permission from each person whose name, image, or likeness is featured in his or her Entry or is readily identifiable to the average viewer of the Entry.
- Selection of winner. Each submitted Entry will be reviewed for eligibility and to ensure compliance with the Contest rules. Winners for each category will be determined by the staff of the Archdiocese of Washington’s Central Pastoral Administration based on overall impression, enthusiasm/spirit, creativity, clarity of message, audio quality, and picture quality. Winners will be determined no later than September 10, 2015. The Archdiocese will disqualify any Entries that do not follow the Contest rules and/or are not in line with the teachings of the Catholic magisterium. The Archdiocese also reserves the right to disqualify any Entry deemed fraudulent or plagiarized.
- Winner Notification. Three winners will be notified by phone and the results will be posted on www.adw.org/youserve no later than September 15, 2015. The selection of the winning Entries shall remain final unless efforts to contact the winning entrants are unsuccessful after a period of four (4) days from the first notification or if it is determined that federal, state or local rules or regulations prohibit that entrant from participation.
- Upon written request, the Archdiocese will identify the winner of the prize, including the name and the city or town of residence of the prize winner and the date of receipt of the prize. Interested parties may send a written request for this information to: [email protected].
- Prizes. Three entrants will be selected as prize winners. Each prize winning entrant will receive four tickets to the Papal Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception plus their choice of an iPad Air 2 OR a GoPro HERO4 Black. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. There will be no prize substitutions and sale or resale of the prizes is strictly prohibited. Any tickets to the Papal Mass awarded as prizes for this Contest that are subsequently sold to third parties will not be honored. The Contest winner will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs associated with claiming the prize.
- Rights to the videos and content. By entering the Contest, in consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Contest, each entrant transfers to the Archdiocese, on their own behalf and on behalf of any group or organization they represent, sole, full, unrestricted ownership of the Entry. If an entrant’s Entry contains any content owned by a third party, including but not limited to music/audio or works of art, the entrant grants to the Archdiocese a perpetual, unrestricted, nonterminable license to such content, and by submitting an Entry containing such content the entrant represents and warrants to the Archdiocese that the entrant has the right to grant such a license.
- The Archdiocese of Washington has the right, but not the obligation, to use the Entries for any marketing purposes, and, without notice to entrant, to permit and the Archdiocese and its partners, officers, agents, and other designated representatives to use the submitted Entries without compensation to the entrant even if the entrant is not a winning entrant. Entrants waive, on their personal behalf and on behalf of their successors, heirs, assigns, and any group or organization they represent, any right to compensation, fee, or royalty related to the Entry.
- The Archdiocese reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the Archdiocese. In the event the Contest is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Archdiocese, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, the Archdiocese reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Archdiocese reserves the right to award the prizes based on the Entries received prior to the termination date. All decisions regarding disqualification of Entries shall be at the sole discretion of the Archdiocese.
- The Archdiocese of Washington is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, incomplete, or misdirected Entries. There shall also be no liability for email or transactions that are lost or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or the Archdiocese. In the event of a dispute, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account listed on the online entry page. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
- Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or any group or organization represented by entrant and the Archdiocese shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of laws rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Maryland. In the event that any provision herein is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein and the provisions deemed unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction shall be blue penciled as narrowly as possible in order to make the provisions valid and enforceable.
- General Release. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the Archdiocese of Washington and its affiliated corporations and agents, officers, and directors from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or relating to entrants’ participation in this Contest, including any claims or allegations that the entrant’s Entry violates the intellectual property rights of a third party, and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of the prize received in this Contest. The prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact [email protected].