Had an abortion? Need Help?
“Rachel mourns for her children; she refuses to be consoled because her children are no more. Thus says the Lord: Cease your cries of mourning. Wipe the tears from your eyes. The sorrow you have shown shall have its reward. There is hope for your future.”
– Jeremiah 31:15-17
Project Rachel is a post-abortion healing ministry sponsored by the Archdiocese of Washington that offers compassionate help to men and women who have experienced emotional and or spiritual pain after abortion. Our trained staff refers callers to licensed counselors or to priests specially trained in post-abortion concerns. We help our participants reconcile with God, child, family and themselves.
Project Rachel is open to anyone in need regardless of his or her faith background. If you are suffering from guilt, depression, anxiety, grief, anger, psychological numbing, isolation, re-experiencing the abortion or have a preoccupation with becoming pregnant again, please give us a call. We want to talk to you.
Project Rachel offers:
- Confidential referral line for you to talk with a trained staff person about your experience.
- Support group with others dealing with the pain of abortion.
- Counseling with people specially trained to help you sort through unresolved feelings and conflicts.
- Spiritual guidance from a priest, sensitive to your particular needs, who can prepare you to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. If you wish, you can be put in touch with a priest outside your community.
- Healing services, Masses and other events held throughout the year to help you grieve the loss of your unborn child or children and know God’s forgiveness.
Some services are free. Where a fee is charged, there is a sliding scale. All inquiries are held in complete confidence.
If you or a friend is hurting from an abortion(s), please contact Project Rachel.
Project Rachel Ministry
P.O. Box 29260
Washington, DC 20017
Location: one-on-one meetings and group healing events take place throughout the Archdiocese of Washington. These exact locations are confidential.
Your calls and e-mails will be held with complete confidentiality.