Had an abortion? Need Help?
Project Rachel is a post-abortion healing ministry sponsored by the Archdiocese of Washington that offers compassionate help to men and women who have experienced emotional and/or spiritual pain after abortion. Our trained staff refers callers to priests specially trained in post-abortion concerns and/or to licensed Catholic/Christian mental health professionals. We help our participants reconcile with God, child, family and themselves.
Project Rachel Ministry is open to anyone in need regardless of his or her faith background. If you are suffering from guilt, sadness, anxiety, grief, anger, shame, isolation, re-experiencing the abortion or have a preoccupation with becoming pregnant again, please contact us by phone or email.
Project Rachel Ministry offers:
- Confidential referral line for you to talk with a trained staff person about your experience.
- Spiritual guidance from a priest, sensitive to each person’s particular needs, who can prepare you to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. If desired, you can be put in touch with a priest outside of your community.
- Counseling with licensed mental health professionals to help you sort through unresolved feelings and conflicts. Financial assistance for therapy sessions is available and will be evaluated on an as needed basis.
- Group healing events
- Entering Canaan Women’s Days of Prayer and Healing
- Entering Canaan Women’s half day retreats
- Entering Canaan Women’s weekend retreat
- Entering Canaan Men’s Day of Prayer and Healing
- Entering Canaan Men’s half day retreat
- An Experience of Hope Women’s weekly support group
- All aspects of the ministry are available in English and in Spanish.
All inquiries are held in complete confidence.
If you or a friend is hurting from an abortion(s), please contact:
Project Rachel Ministry
Email: [email protected]
Project Rachel Ministry
P.O. Box 29260
Washington, DC 20017
Location: one-on-one meetings and group healing events take place throughout the Archdiocese of Washington. These exact locations are confidential.
Your calls and e-mails will be held with complete confidentiality.
“Rachel mourns for her children; she refuses to be consoled because her children are no more. Thus says the Lord: Cease your cries of mourning. Wipe the tears from your eyes. The sorrow you have shown shall have its reward. There is hope for your future.”
– Jeremiah 31:15-17