By being present with the poor and vulnerable, the Office of Youth Ministry is building a culture of solidarity in the Archdiocese of Washington and the global community. As a central and essential element of our faith, Catholic social teaching is at the heart of our youth’s involvement with the less fortunate.
The Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
- Care for God’s Creation