Advancing the unity of the Body of Christ, The Office of Cultural Diversity and Outreach supports the apostolic works of the Archdiocese of Washington in its evangelization, planning, coordination, ministry and outreach to the various racial, ethnic, and cultural diverse communities within its pastoral care.
Relying on the Holy Spirit, all the faithful in the Archdiocese of Washington actively participate in the life and mission of the Church incorporating the richness of their culturally diverse heritages and perspectives by:
- Answering their baptismal call to share their faith
- Building parishes with the capacity for strong and effective cultural integration
- Responding, in solidarity and pastoral leadership, to the needs of all members, as one body of Christ.
- Engage leaders of various racial, ethnic and culturally diverse groups throughout the archdiocese to support the work of the office.
- Strengthen and support the leadership development of all involved in ministry with various cultural communities.
- Plan and promote liturgies and events that serve our various cultural communities.
- Help with the implementation of the Synod Statutes and Recommendations on Ethnic and Cultural Diversity within the Archdiocese.
- Assist pastors and parish leaders in building communities that welcome, support, and celebrate the culturally diverse heritage of their parishioners.
Collaboration, Integrity, Relationships and Respect
Office of Cultural Diversity and Outreach Staff
Javier Bustamante, Executive Director
301-853-4468 | [email protected]
Sandra Coles-Bell, Program Director
301-853-4469 | [email protected]
Claudia Bartolini, Coordinator of Resource Development
301-853-5335 | [email protected]
Office e-mail: [email protected]
Post Office Box 29260
Washington, DC 20017-0260