Become part of the Little Sisters of the Poor family! Spend time with our Residents through the many volunteer opportunities which exist in our Home. You will experience such happiness as you bring the Residents joy in companionship!
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Provide companionship to Residents in the home.
- Help residents in wheelchair move around the facility or visit nearby churches.
- Assist with recreational activities such as arts & crafts, reading, bible study, games, bingo, cookouts and in-home or outside events.
- Provide transportation for appointments, shopping and outings.
- Assisting with serving Residents’ meals
- Help out in the gardens by watering the grass and flower beds, trimming bushes, and cleaning patio furniture.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteer at our Home: Assist with regularly scheduled activities such as sing-a-longs or board games; give manicures, join the sewing club, show movies, etc. Help a Sister or a staff member with office duties or cleaning projects.
Volunteer through your school or parish: Collect much-needed personal hygiene items, canned goods and bingo prizes for our elderly Residents. Host a bake sale, car wash, drawing or other fundraiser on behalf of the Little Sisters at your school or parish.
Visit as a group: Present a vocal or instrumental performance, dance recital or play. Join the Sisters and Residents for daily Mass or participate in the afternoon recitation of the rosary.
Please note that all young people under eighteen must be accompanied by a chaperone.
Our Volunteer Orientation is typically held on the second Saturday of the month. For more information on attending the required volunteer orientation with your chaperone please contact Martinique Brown, volunteer coordinator at [email protected]